I'm not invested in this report...

One of my subjects this semester has been a research project, to be finished within the semester. It has been sort of an extension of my thesis from last year, in that I have the same supervisor, and I'm using some of the resources that were developed last year for my thesis, and it's in a similar study area.

I have a 10-20 page report due on Friday, to summarise what I've done in the project, and I'm just not that invested in finishing it. I think after doing my thesis, this just doesn't seem as important in comparison, even though it is predominantly my own work, rather than being shared with my thesis partner, and it was my choice to do this project in the first place.

Doing a thesis was such a huge undertaking, and it was being compared against everyone else's theses from the year, and it was worth twice as much as any other individual subject, and it was like a culmination of four years worth of work. After that I'm just filling in remaining requirements of the course. It just seems so dry and tedious.

I guess I'm just complaining though. And avoiding doing the assessment that I'm complaining about.

This is the last major assessment of my degree, so maybe I just don't want to let go of being in university. Its been my life for four and a half years, and with thirteen years of school prior to that, I don't really know any different. Maybe I'm just scared of going out into the real world of full time work - facing the responsibilities of being a professional engineer.

I just want to be a kid forever...

Posted via email from robmuch

1 comment:

gp said...

"I just want to be a kid forever..." Or as Peter Pan said (if i remember correctly)- I don't want to grow up. Nobody in his/her right mind would want to stop being a young adult university student. Money and all sorts of responsibilities are highly overrated!